10 October 2007

Thank you heavy metal...

So... there i was last week.. feeling uncharacteristically down in the dumps. I had been sad for a few days, didn't know why - but to be fair - hadn't made much of an effort to get better either.
I didn't want to see my friends, or go to work.. and lying in bed seemed the best option.
THEN... I remembered that Killswitch Engage were playing at Brixton Academy.. and i heaved myself out of bed.. traveled to Brixton... and.. believe it or not.. got cured!

thank you Killswitch.
thank you heavy metal.
please god, someone remind me next time i am feeling sad and blue that music really does feed the soul.

I stood there amongst the few thousand other fans - and sung every word as loud as i could.. letting every riff wash over me like a massive (not scary) wave.

It was great. And although I don't feel 100 percent...I do feel LOTS better.

Cheers Killswith. Today's Blog post is for you.. x

No comments: